How to apply Halal Certification?
- Online application can be made by logging on to www.halal.gov.my and completing the appropriate documents
- Supported documents should be addressed directly to:
Halal Management Division
Level 44, KOMTAR, 10503 Penang, Malaysia
Tel: 604-250 5451 Fax:604-250 5452
- The applicants must complete the application forms by furnishing all the information as required and the following certificates/ documents must be enclosed together with the application form.
- A copy of company’s registration certificate
- Copy of operative license from local authority
- A copy of company’s financial statements
- Copy of the identification card (IC) of 2 permanent Muslim employees (Malaysian citizen) and their letter of appointment
- Letter of approval from National Drug Authority/Ministry of Health for health products/food supplements.
- A copy of import permits for imported animal-based raw materials.
- Copies of halal certification for individual ingredients used.
- Location/map of the operating premises
- Samples of labels for the products that will be verified Halal
- Factory Layout Plan